Friday, April 06, 2012

Letter to Child Support Enforcement Office, District Attorney's Office in Clark County, Las Vegas, Nevada

TWO YEARS AFTER THIS WAS WRITTEN (WHICH ISN'T LONG IN GOVERNMENT REACTION TIME (FOR REAL)), I JUST DISCOVERED THEY NOW ARE ACCEPTING PAYMENTS ONLINE AND PHONE PAYMENTS.  WELL DONE.  AT LEAST THE SITUATION IS NOT STUPIDLY INSANE ANY MORE.  CHEERS.


From: ericthem@hotmail.com
Subject: Child Support Enforcement
Date: March 12, 2011 8:59:18 AM PST
To: cse@dwss.nv.gov

I cannot fully express the immense disappointment and frustration I feel every time I prepare to go to the CSE office to make a payment. Not because I am paying child support, I'm fine with that. By my best observation, the office created to collect my payments - by force if they deem necessary - is doing almost everything imaginable to ensure that making my payments is as difficult as possible. Don't you WANT my payments? Is it not in the best interests of the kids that you make every effort to encourage me to make my payments? OF COURSE!

Then why? ... why? why? why? I've been able to make deposits at atm machines for 30 years. I can make my cel bill payments at a little machine. Why isn't there a machine OUTSIDE where there's no metal detectors, no overpaid "DA Investigators", no 8am-5pm M-F only, no snaking lines, no little number slips, no disinterested employees, no retarded parents, etc. Payments would take less than 1 minute. ...30 years!!! We have the technology! Had it for THREE DECADES in fact. ...Go Team!

I pay EVERY BILL I HAVE online. Every single one. Except my child support payment. WOW! Wouldn't that be an incredible innovation! What forward-thinking genius came up with that idea? ... 20 years ago. Does the Division head have Down Syndrome or something? They just moved to a new facility even!! Upgrade time! Right? What was the big advancement? Now they have a DMV-style number system... ooooooh!!! Cool! An automated voice even calls my number!!!

How about just phone payments? Surely you can train people to answer a telephone? Or even outsource it to India if you're a little tight on cash.

It continues to absolutely BLOW MY MIND how retarded the current service methods are. If I didn't see it every month, I would never believe it. Never.

Have a nice day.

-Eric

1 comment:

  1. Well then I hope u have baby wipes for the mess you're making in your pants right this very second!!!

    ReplyDelete