Monday, April 25, 2011

The Final Battle

While moving through the fields of lions, Satan came to me and spoke.
"I have an important question for you. Eventually, someday, the end will come. When it does and it comes down to the final two, me and you. Only one can go on. The choice will be left unto you. Who will continue? Me or you?"
I employed the gifts god gave me, all given for this moment. The conflict was clear. My heart did not hesitate. Him. Choose him.
My mind replied, "What? Choose Satan before me? How can this be? Is that not his final victory?"
I have since found countless explanations, for every approach yields the same answer if taken all the way through. At that time, I saw this:
I am of god. I know what I bring to the table and as does god. This is known.
I do not know Satan or what he brings. He is the unknown.
The path of god is into the unknown, fearlessly and with love.
My mind was satisfied. The choice was clear.
Satan returned. "What do you say? What is your answer? Who will go on?"
I looked him in the eye and said, "You."
His face blank, he turned and walked away. In the distance I could hear the joyful roar of a crowd. With a tear in my eye, I moved on to join their celebration.

012818

No comments:

Post a Comment