Wednesday, April 18, 2012

6 Years Later - I Guess Peace Isn't The High Priority Everyone SAYS It Is...

6 years ago, I took a few moments out of my day to lay the foundation for a Conflict Resolution method derived from the steps necessary for Peace as dictated by logical deduction.  Here's what I came up with:

First, deduct the process by naming the concept (starting with 'peace') and naming it's key, enabling concept. Then name that concept's key enabling concept, and so on until you reach the root concept... observe..

PEACE
-RESPECT
RESPECT
-COMMUNICATION
COMMUNICATION
-TRANSPARENCY (mutual)
TRANSPARENCY
-FAITH (in other participant's positive intent)
FAITH
-HOPE (for the attainability of peace)

Now in reverse order, the two parties in conflict establish each step:

HOPE
FAITH
TRANSPARENCY
COMMUNICATION
RESPECT
PEACE.

DONE. Now that doesn't seem very difficult does it?

I call it the "I HAVE TO CRAP" method from the first letters:  HF T CRP.

The real trick lies in the step establishing TRANSPARENCY.  That's where the men are weeded from the boys.  Everyone has their personal safety/security secrets that they hold so dear and are terrified of letting out - whether due to the shame it would bring or the power it would reveal - either way, until both parties find their brave cores, stand up and open every door, cabinet, and drawer - real Peace will never be reached.

I don't know about you, but this is pretty important stuff in my book and over 6 years I don't think one person has given a shit whatsoever.  Guess I'm still workin' on the "HOPE" step.

No comments:

Post a Comment